At their 8th Annual Celebration of Service event, the Rotary Club of Lake Wylie awarded Amy Strong with the 2018-19 Rotarian of the Year Award. The Award is given annually to a Rotarian that exemplifies the motto, Service Above Self.
Some of the immense contributions and accomplishments that Amy has made to the club since joining include:
- Organization and expansion of the club’s Josh the Baby Otter Water Safety and Literacy Program
- Helping organize the clubs shoebox program through Samaritan’s Purse
- Helping to provide a match to the clubs Alzheimer’s Research charity, The CART Fund
- Participation in the clubs picnic tables project for the YMCA
- Instrumental in the canned food drive that netted over 2 tons of food for the Clover Area Assistance Center
- One of the top club members in sales during the charity raffle which funds the clubs service projects
- Attended and graduated from The Rotary Leadership Insitiute, one of only three club members to accomplish this in the club’s history
- Attending District events such as Membership training, Pre-PETS and PETS (President-Elect Training Seminar)
- Joined 33,000 other Rotarians from 174 countries around the world for the 2017 Rotary International Convention
- Awarded the Paul Harris Fellow Award from The Rotary Foundation in June of 2018 for her support of its charitable efforts around the world.
- Maintained perfect attendance and engagement since she joined Rotary in 2016
- Volunteers in our community outside of Rotary with the Clover School District and the Community Cafe